Rutherford Pet Supply is proud to carry Penn-Plax in Spindale Rutherfordton, North Carolina. Our core values of quality and integrity are rooted in our history and drive us forward. Our humble beginning started in 1956 when the Goldman and Rosen family opened the first of pet shop in Brooklyn, NY. The shops became neighborhood staples for pet parents and animal lovers of all ages. The shops gave the family firsthand knowledge of what the customer wanted and what pets needed. This understanding sparked the creativity and ingenuity of the Goldman brothers to begin developing and producing new and innovative products in the back room of the shop.